In collaboration with the Manager of Patient Access is responsible for planning, organizing and supervising the daily activities of subordinate personnel in the Patient Access Department (Admitting, Pre Admitting, Emergency Room, Bellport Primary Care, Woman’s Imaging, Outpatient Radiology, Wound Centers, and Central Registration). Monitors and provides oversight for day-to-day operations of all sub-departments in Patient Access. Liaisons with all other Departments in the Hospital to ensure the smooth transition of patients throughout the continuum of care. Analyzes and interprets federal, state and insurance requirements. Processes cancelled admissions and status changes. Interviews, educates and evaluates staff. Performs payroll process for each registration area. Reviews statistical reports for registration activities. Covers for Manager during time off. Candidate must be fliexiable with their time.
Candidate hours will be 2p-10p with Friday and Saturday off.
- Plans and directs the daily activities of subordinate personnel engaged in registering patients. Interacts with other department personnel to improve registration services.
- Analyzes, interprets and administers all federal and state regulations and insurance company requirements. This includes Pre admission, prior authorization and notification pertaining to registratio
- Processes all cancelled admissions as reported by the Case Management Department, performs patient status transfers and date changes.
- Participates in the interviewing process for new staff members with the Manager of Patient Access. Coordinates training schedule with preceptors and quality assurance utilizing the training modules. Evaluates progress, monitors work during the entire probationary process. Is the initial contact for disciplinary problems, works to solve issues and initiates the first phase of progressive discipline and grievances, Holds monthly education sessions both on and off shift with the patient access staff, based on identified weak areas. May perform on call coverage for the Patient Access Coordinators in their absence.
- Performs payroll process in Kronos system and maintains the payroll record books for each area.
- Reviews system reports for errors and system related problems. Reviews a variety of special reports for management reflecting registration activities.