Interviews patients/ significant others & develops a comprehensive plan of care.
Completes assessment forms.
Obtains necessary consents & authorizations for care.
Collaborates with team members to develop & communicate plan of care.
Assesses environment where care will be delivered
- Provides skilled care to patients or residents.
- Evaluates needs & arranges for appropriate level of care.
- Interprets to patient/resident/significant others the diagnosis & what changes to expect.
- Serves as an advocate for patient/resident.
- Communicates effectively with the patient’s physician
- Communicates physical, psychosocial & spiritual condition.
- Reports reactions to drugs & treatments.
- Coordinates on-going hospice services for patients & significant others.
- Initiates referrals to appropriate disciplines (pt, ot, etc.)
- Assists significant others in planning for provision of care.
- Attends weekly interdisciplinary team meetings to update other team members on the patient’s progress & to problem-solve if necessary.
- Supervises Home Health Aides & Volunteers.
- Accepts responsibility for own Continuing Education.
- Attends 5-6 in-service or community education programs annually.
- Completes competencies annually.
- Assists in orientation & training of new personnel.
- Precepts students willingly.
- Must attend volunteer training program.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments in the field by reading appropriate books, journals and other literature and attending related conferences, seminars and the like.
- Adheres to departmental policies.
- Accepts assignments based on demonstrated competencies to deliver care to age & gender specific populations.
- Participates in on-call rotation when necessary.
- Maintains paperwork in a timely manner.
- Performance Improvement:
- Participates in performance improvement activities and participates in related committees.
- Accepts assignments based on demonstrated competency to provide care to age and gender specific population.
- Attends monthly staff meetings.
- Exhibits a working knowledge of the department’s performance improvement functions by completing required logs, understanding and gathering data for studies and the like.
- Complies with Department of Health regulations and DNV guidelines regarding care to patients’ and documentation