Executes professional nursing care in accordance with physician treatment plans in order to provide for the comfort and well-being of patients and their family or support system. In doing so, assesses the patients's needs, plans and implements the treatment plan, observes and evaluates the patient's progress and documents pertinent observations. Works collaboratively with the interdisciplinary health team to meet the holistic needs of the patient.
· Consistently ensures patient dignity and respects patient values and operates
within ethical standards.
· Demonstrates ability to assess and reassess the needs of the patient.
· Provides Medication Administration to patients confirming most recent order from Physician or Nurse Practitioner prior to the administering the injection.
· Provides measures to evaluate the integrity of medications prior to administration (such as signs of contamination, tampering, expiration date) and handling and reporting of medication errors.
· Assesses the patient for adverse effects following injection and provides monitoring, counseling and education to patient as needed.
· Infection Control: disposes of needle and syringe in a sharps container and follows all standard safety precautions including hand hygiene and hospital policy on Disposal of Medication.
Professional knowledge of nursing theory and practice acquired through completion of a two year training at an accredited School of Nursing
Current New York State license or Permit as a Registered Professional Nurse
Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively interact with patients and their families that demonstrate recognition of cultural diversity
Practice reflects customer service excellence
Ability to clearly communicate in verbal and written format
Analytical ability to assess and develop solutions to clinical situations or unit problems.
BLS certification and de-escalation training